Chevron

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In Which I Am Smitten For My Vanity

All weekend I admired my beautiful toes. I found the most beautiful color of nail polish (ok, it's pink, and I don't usually like pink, but I really like this pink), and I have a tan! This is a big deal for me, because for most of my life my skin has been one of two colors: white or red. So these two factors combined to make me fall in love with my own feet; a fact which I told my family several times in the last 4 days since I painted my little piggies!

As I look at this picture, my toes don't even look tan; but I promise they are! The camera must have been too close?

But pride goeth before a fall, and I fell. Well, I tripped anyway. I caught myself, but I stubbed piggy #2 on my right foot, and it ripped off part of my (pink) toenail, and the pigskin as well. OUCH! So I learned a little lesson about pride, vanity, and drawing attention to your own beautiful toes. Well, maybe I learned a lesson -- I still have another bottle of polish to try!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

cute feet! Texas is agreeing with you then (a nice tan?)
We are looking at Texas for our next big adventure.

Tamalama said...

I love it! We're missing your cute family, but glad Texas is agreeing with you!