Chevron

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baby, [She's] a Star!

I haven't posted this because I have been trying to get a technical tutorial to show me how to link video and text to my blog. If anyone reading this knows how, please help!
Anyway, 2 months ago (!!!), my daughter was on TV, and I haven't even mentioned it to anyone, really. Shame on me! What's the point of a blog, if not to brag about your children?
So there we were in Boise, Idaho on Mother's Day weekend for the Susan J. Komen Race for the Cure. It's a little 5K run my sisters and I have been doing since 2001, sometimes in force, sometimes not so much. One year, my eloquent sister Lucy was interviewed for the local nightly news (!!). This year was not a great turn out, but my baby sister Cami came. Cami is currently living in China, and I haven't seen her for awhile, so I was anxious to go. Beth and Aura were there from Idaho Falls, and my cousins Lori and Kristy, who live in Boise, plus a Boise friend, Tracy. It was a fun group.
As the race was winding down we were minding our business at the finish line, when Michelle, the local news anchor, saunters over with her pink and gold microphone, to talk to Maaike! Apparently my girl looked like the best bet for a good story; she wasn't sweaty, anyway!
Michelle asked her some inane question, "why are you here?" or something, and Maaike gave a very good answer. She talked about losing her grandma to breast cancer (which is why we run it int he first place), and that she thinks it's important to do research to stop cancer, etc. She did a great job, and was quite poised. She's a natural!
Here, Michelle does the preliminary chat before introducing THE STAR.
Notice the microphone, as well as the matching scarves
(compliments of Ford!)
Here Michelle asks the probing questions she is (possibly) famous for, like,
"why are you here?"

Here, Michelle mugs with Maaike, successful interview completed.

XXX

Here, if I could, I would insert the video of her interview.
Dang technology!
And PS: Why am I getting the weird spacing? It is not good.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

how exciting! i hope you are able to post the video. i think one time when i put a video on my blog i had to put in on youtube first and then put it on my blog. i am sure there is a better way though!

Hight Family said...

What a cutie!!! I would love to see the video, and the girls would be very excited to see it as well. Where is it located?? is it online or do you have it? Let me know where it is and I can see if I can help you get it up. email me at dave.sasha@gmail.com

RuthAnne said...

Totally off topic, but I would love to get in touch with you!

Marylynn said...

Ruth Anne,
I would love to get in touch with you, too. Send me a message at mbgoudy@yahoo.com! M