Chevron

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Girls' Trip!

My sisters are the best anywhere. Sorry to the rest of you, but it’s true. And when I say sisters, that includes my four sisters-in-law, who could have chosen differently, but are stuck with us now. Good for us, too bad for you! :) The reason I bring this up is not to gloat but to report on my recent Sisters’ Trip adventures. We had so much fun! We went to a cabin in beautiful Star Valley, Wyoming, and here is what we did: Most of the gals were there on Wednesday, but I wasn’t so I’ll let them report on their own blogs -- oh yeah, they don’t have blogs! Guess they're stuck with what I write! (My) Day 1: hiked a good-sized mountain rode 4-wheelers floated down a river/creek (all before lunch!) watched a chick flick/napped jogged or hiked or rode 4-wheelers some more ate (a lot of) really good food played games until 1 am Breakfast time! Beautiful cabin, gorgeous mountain, perfect weather, good company... Funnybones game -- hysterical! Suzanne (left) has the prettiest hair, but she never leaves it down! Nice sunburnned scalp, huh? Not sure who wore the cute PJs on the right. Day 2: woke up early(ish) and cleaned the cabin then drove to Idaho to raft the mighty Snake River (saw 2 moose, a pelican, several hawks, etc.) got 12 women cleaned up and ready to go to dinner and a play in less than 30 minutes (that may be the most amazing part of the trip!) ate the dinner and saw the play went to our homes (or to borrowed homes) to bed too late, but happy Day 3: Went to see niece #5 (Anna) get baptized. Almost the whole family was there and at the lunch afterwards, and it was such a sweet time. Anna looked so sweet and innocent and happy, and I loved watching my family interact with each other. Not having my own husband and kids there made me a little sad, but also let me spy on the others freely. Oh the things I could tell you! I am so happy to have the family that I do; even when we drive each other crazy, we forgive and love readily. I hope that is always the case. I miss seeing them as often as I used to, since we moved to Texas, but maybe that makes me appreciate them all the more.

(This is most of the family. I counted 18 people missing,
but there are at least 4 in there who are not technically family)
Because I love them, I have written a little tribute to each of my sisters, and I will post it (with their pictures!) tomorrow. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

I'm soooo jealous of your girls trip! And I love the tribute you wrote about each of your sisters and sisters in law! Very sweet!