Chevron

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh What a Month

There are still boxes in the garage to be sorted, but I think we're finally moved in to our new place. It has been an interesting change -- almost all good. The biggest bad thing is that Maaike's new school doesn't offer orchestra classes, so her career as a violinist is over before it began. She is finding solace in tennis and choir, and likes school almost every day. She is a good babysitter and works hard to keep her grades up. She got to act in a roadshow (remember those? No? Ask someone old, like me, about them!) and loved it. Boone's biggest event of the month was turning two. He has really changed from a baby to a little boy; so weird how that seems to happen overnight. He looks more grown up, and has quite a vocabulary. He is the owner of a new potty chair, which he loves to look at, but not really use.

Jordan and I are busy with boring things (we're not bored, but you would be if we told you about it, so...) . I am still teaching Institute classes and he still works crazy schedules at Southwest. Our ward just got rearranged, so there may be some changes at church, but we are plugging away. This sounds like a newsletter, and it kind of is, I guess. It's mostly so that I can remember that I have a blog and how to use it. When we moved here, we had to wait to get DSL for a few weeks (the other bad thing about the move!), and were back on dial-up. Our elderly computer + dial-up = don't even bother turning the computer on! Then, when we were assured we had DSL, we had all kinds of bugs slowing us down. I think we are now ready to go high-speed again. Right after I answer the 200+ messages in my inbox... Our new neighborhood is very family-oriented and having a yard feeds my soul. We are enjoying biking and walking and being outside in the beautiful Texas fall weather. Hope your fall is beautiful, too (those of you in Idaho, sorry it's already over!;-)). So that's it; write back soon! xoxoxo JMMB

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Fun update, Marylynn. We're glad you live closer to us now! Oh, and I like your fun blog background.

Ryan said...

p.s. That was Jen...no Ryan.

Kimi said...

So glad you are back on-line and updating. I'll take a newsletter whenever I can get one. Glad to hear you like your neighborhood so far. It is always nice to be in an area you feel comfortable with the people and everything.

And fall? What is that. We went straight from Summer to Winter up here. It was so weird. I'm used to Summer 90% of the year and now I have Winter 90% of the year.

Hermana Whitehead said...

Maaike is going to bloom wherever she is planted. I expected you to say that Boone was 3 or 4 because it seems like years have gone by since you left. The kids look just great.

Sounds like you are all healthy and happy and I know you will all be a great asset to any neighborhood and ward. Love to you.