Chevron

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Grossest Mile

Really? Two months since my last post? That's bad, even for me! If I thought I would do it, I would make a New Year's Resolution to do better; but why set myself up for disappointment?
Anyway, this weekend provided an experience too blog-worthy to pass up! It was one of the worst mothering experiences I have ever been through -- those always make great blog posts! It involved my two-year-old, a crowded airplane, and copious amounts of vomit. 'Nuff said? Of course I was sitting by a total stranger; fortunately he was very kind.
The end result is the pictures here:
Boone looks cute in my sweater-coat (love the plunging neckline!), but the real style maven is me. After rinsing my hair and white (of course!) shirt in the lavatory sink, I got a little creative. I just COULD NOT put on the still smelly, wet shirt, especially without a sweater to cover myself. Luckily, Jordan was wearing his suit coat, and handed it over upon request. The shirt went in the bag with Boone's stinky clothes, my long skirt became a dress, and Jordan's jacket covered my shoulders. I felt pretty silly, but the flight attendant told me I looked "a little hot." Compared to...?
Anyway, I bravely wore my "hot" outfit home. Luckily (?) it was very late at night, and we didn't run into anyone we knew.
The best news is that Boone hasn't been sick since, and I got a great (albeit disgusting) story!

8 comments:

Hermana Whitehead said...

Great story. I have an disgusting airplane story much worse than that, that I can't tell on line. Remind me sometime and I'll tell you about it. Sufficeth to say that you made it home in one piece. You were very creative. It's amazing what we can do when push comes to shove, huh? Thanks for sharing.

The Augustus' said...

Oh my gosh! Good job with thinking up an alternative outfit! I don't know if I could have thought that through. lol. Good to see you guys...not the best circumstances. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jen said...

I am so impressed with your quick thinking. I just wish I could have seen you in person. ; )

Ashley said...

Oh man, when you shared this at the Talk-O-Lot last night I just died laughing! You are so ingenious! I would have never thought of that and stayed in the bathroom crying and half naked, I'm afraid. You go, girl!

Kimi said...

I've been pooped on in the movie theater but never vomited on in a plane. You've definitely got me beat there :). Glad it all worked out though... and really how adorable is little Boone!!

Marylynn said...

Pooped on in a movie theater?! Gross Kimi -- that might actually beat the run-of-the-mill plane vomit. More rare, I think (hope!) anyway! M

Tamalama said...

Way to go Super Mom! You look great and none the worse for wear on the outside (I know the inside is another story alltogether!) Missing you!

Katy said...

Remind me to wear an elastic skirt on my next flight. What ever would you have done in jeans?!