Chevron

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Goudy's Best (?) of 2010, part 1

OK, 2010 was a bad blogging year for me. I even had a fan (hee hee!) ask me to post something new, which was really a surprise. I didn't think anyone was actually reading this...! Guess I'd better straighten up this year! I plan to post at least one entry per month (lofty goal, I know!), and I am starting as close to the end of the first month as possible. Not a strategy, I just almost broke that goal THAT FAST!
So, I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures from 2010, because in retrospect, it was a fun year. We did some new things, made some new friends, and had some new adventures. We're hoping to build on that and make 2011 even better! Here is my first entry, documenting the first few months of the year (we started out slow, but I promise we improved: more pictures, more fun, all that jazz).
I already posted about my plane ride that ended in disaster; that was in January. Luckily, the year got a lot better!
Boone was a source of funny pictures all year (Maaike was too grown-up, most of the time); sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. Here we have "Sweet Dreams" -- what do you think he's cookin' up with my bamboo spatula? And how about the baseball cap?

A little later, I went to a seminar thing (I love seminar things!), and saw my sweet cousin who lives an hour or so away. Here is the documentation:

After a slow start to the year, we made a Spring Break trip to South Padre Island. The weather was warm(a titch windy at times, but it's the beach, you know?), the water comfortablly coolish, and the beach almost empty. Onthe way home, though, there was a string of cars for 8 miles! Apparently, we left just before the Holy Week celebrations, when thousands of the nearby Mexican Catholics come to commemorate one of the holiest holidays in Christianity by surfing, eating, sunburning, drinking... Who am I to judge, though -- look what we all do to Christmas?

Boone loves the ocean!

Maaike and her boogie board.

Wipeout!

Sand castles, perfect temperatures

Never turn your back... on Dad!

Any trip that ends with ice cream is our favorite! It was a great trip, and we made some fun memories.
We'll be back, for sure!
Ah, Easter... Time for new clothes, and candy.....

dyeing eggs.....

... hunting for eggs, and eating candy......

Spending time with cousins...
and did I mention eating candy?
Maaike hid all the eggs, and then hid from the camera. Funny girl!
OK, so we're up through April 2010. That's about all I can do in one sitting! If you made it to the end of this, thanks for sticking it out. I love sharing pictures of my family and remembering good times together -- I just have to DO IT!
See you next month! ;-)

No comments: