Chevron

Monday, January 31, 2011

Goudy's Best (?) of 2010, part 2

I wish I could manipulate pictures better, because despite my best efforts, this is not the order I wanted. Oh well! Consider this first picture as a teaser, or spoiler. I'm not going to tell you about it yet (but it's pretty obvious what's happening, right?) More later! Move on!

Boone became a waiter this summer.
He would grab a notepad and pencil and say
"Cheeseburger? French fries?"
If only he could cook, too...
Potty training... still... no end in sight... sigh....

Happy Father's Day! We made Daddy a silly breakfast! Which he deserved, since he worked a TON of overtime during the summer. Poor tired Jordan! We spent as much time as possible in the pool.

We love the water! Boone got a really bad bowl haircut -- not from me! But he was a SUPER helper to mom! Incognito -- who is it? This is what a teenager looks like. She's awesome!

Sharing her unwrapping with her pesky brother -- I tell you! I have said many times "Every family should have a 13-year-old daughter; they are so helpful and sweet!" (I am fully aware that could change -- but I hope it doesn't!) That's only the beginning! I will include an "after" photo of this present later.

Jordan & I found a great, solid wood desk that needed to be re-finished.
For part of her present,
she and Dad got to spend time working together to sand and stain it,
then we picked out new hardware.
It looks so nice! And it was part of our plan
for a great Christmas present...
But you have to wait to see that!
This next one is out of order, too -- and it is related to the first one.
Curious? Hang in there!
Isn't Maaike cute? I just love her!
Maaike wanted an ice cream cake for her birthday,
so this is what she got! It was a lot of work, but well worth it!
YUM!
OK, the two earlier pictures are from an area football game we went to.
The reason we went was these two guys below:
My cousins (brothers), Aaron and Jason play for the Utah Blaze
and they happened to have a game against Dallas.
They got great tickets for us, and their oldest brother, Jonathan,
and his daughters, who were in town.
Our Muhlestein cousins also came, but sat in the nosebleed section,
so we chatted at halftime.
It was a lot of fun, and even better because
the Blaze decimated the Dallas Vigilantes!
(Normally we would cheer for a Dallas team, but this was family, you know?)
And Aaron scored all but one touchdown -- 5 or 6 of them.
He had a great game, and it was really fun.
I could get into local arena football -- except for the cheerleaders.
Worst outfits EVER!!!!
My step-brother Adam got called to serve a mission in Zimbabwe (!!),
so we went to his farewell, then a relaxing picnic
in the park in Ucon, Idaho.
Gorgeous day!
After the picnic, we were off to the Rupp Family Reunion
in Northern Idaho (Lewistown).
It was a fantastic site; great camping, beautiful water skiing area
with a nice beach for the kids, lots of fun things to do,
and of course, great people to visit.
It was sooo nice to be outside and not drip with sweat every second!

Lots of skiing -- I hadn't gone in years, but I did it; I got up with no problem and had a great time!

When we got back to Texas, we had company! My sister, Suzanne, and her two little girls were on their way to Florida to join Jake (husband and dad) for law school. Jake and his brother had come through earlier with their U-Haul and stayed the night. Suzanne got to stay a little longer! (But still not long enough...)

We went to the Dallas Arboretum, and it was a drizzly, warm, soggy, humid day. But lots of fun!

And it made for great lighting! (Soggy people in the pictures, though)

Some of the pictures were so gorgeous, I just have to post them; even though I don't have anything else to say about them! Just, WOW! At the end of the day, we all felt like this:

After the Arboretum, we drove by the Dallas temple and took pictures of the kids. I love this one of Boone confiding in his cousin Malynn! So sweet!

And that concludes this installment
of Summer 2010. On to the Fall!
(We're almost done -- you're doing great!)

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

I LOVE that you blog and I LOVE your blog! YAY!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Sounds like an exciting Summer!