Chevron

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh Boy!

Sunday evening and Monday, Boone had nose problems. It would be really runny, then he'd have painful "congestion." If you don't have small children, you may not be aware that there are no more decongestants on the market for little ones (unless I'm missing one -- please, do tell if you know one!), so all I could do was give him a pain reliever and have a steamy house, with a humidifier going all the time. Like we need that in Dallas!

Jordan & I have wondered if he has allergies, because he seems to have been sickish a lot; but this didn't make sense, because we have had so much rain lately, there CAN'T be any pollen around. It was a mystery. Until about 10:30 last night.

During one of the painful congestion periods, Boone wanted help clearing his nose. Yeah, gross. So I did what I could, and out came... a wad of tissue. Apparently, at some point in the recent past (maybe Saturday night?), he had stuffed both nostrils full of toilet paper, for some unknown reason, then went to sleep. His body has been slowly working the foreign objects out. In about an hour, we recovered 2 more chunks (it wasn't fun, pretty, or quiet). I so hope that's all, and that he learned not to put anything in his nose! He does seem to be feeling much better. Sigh.

This kid is all boy! I am afraid to imagine what else he'll think of down the road!

10 comments:

Dyanna Stephens said...

WOW! definitely all boy! Glad you guys got it out.

Marylynn said...

We hope we got it all out! How's Lil John feeling?

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Ouch! That sounds pretty painful... yes, that does sound like a boy thing to do. Glad he's okay :)

Ashley said...

LOL! Hey, at least it's the nose and you can kind of get stuff out of there. The ears, on the other hand...I have nightmares when I hear of people telling stories of their kids putting beans, peas (sproutable objects) in their ears and they cause big problems. Or BUGS! Oh goodness, Boone! Hopefully you got it all and he's on the mend.

munks said...

Haha what a crazy kid. Glad its not more serious or longer lasting!

Bethany said...

Here we go-I got one for ya. We've used Hylands Cough and Cold. I got it because it was the only thing I found that treated runny nose and congestion for kids, and later realized that it's homeopathic, which I admit to not fully understanding, but we think it totally works. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Hylands-cough-multi-symptom-relief-syrup/dp/tags-on-product/B002MTYF6M

You can see what it looks like. Though, it sounds like perhaps it wasn't actually needed in this case...? :)

Meece said...

That is hilarious! (And a little traumatic, for you both!!) I've heard of kids having to go to the emergency room because they've shoved peas, cereal, and other kinds of stuff up their noses! I'm glad you didn't have to do that but I also hope Boone doesn't get any ideas!

The Wilson Family said...

hahahah. oh wow! he is all boy!

Marylynn said...

OK, Bethany, I am trying Hylands! I think I used their... something else... teething tablets? Also don't really get the homeopathic deal, but if it works, great!

We ended up at the Dr. again, for the third time in 8 weeks, to be told that he has severe allergies, which possibly caused draining, leading to the strep and ear infections of the other 2 visits. But we did get the "all clear" on the nose, so Wahoo for that!

THanks for the well wishes, friends! Hope you all had a great Mother's Day today!

Karen said...

Haha OMG! So glad it's coming out! You're the second friend with a boy that has done this in the last month. Only my friend's son shoved sponge up his nose, instead. Haha. Boys and noses...