Chevron

Monday, March 28, 2011

Goudy's Best (?) of 2010, Part 3

Just after school started for Maaike, we had a decent rainstorm. Didn't seem spectacular, but the ground must have been saturated from other moisture, because this water wouldn't soak in. In just a few hours, our local park (two blocks away!) looked like this:

and this:

No basketball today!

Wet!

Fall brings Boone's birthday and Halloween;
pretty much a month-long party.
We had a lot of fun, as you can see!
Cupcakes:

Carving pumpkins:

One of Boone's favorite presents:

Probably his FAVORITE present, from our friends, the Langfords.
He LOVES tools -- all boy!

Cute little friend, Ryan, at Boone's party (costume, of course!):

A hybrid of Dad's costume and Boone's. Silly boy!

Not my favorite costume. Whatever.

My two guys:

Another important holdiay tradition --
decorating (and eating!) sugar cookies.

Sweet Maaike-girl!

My spooky kids!

Brave fireman Boone!

Boone became very helpful (maybe too much?) this fall.
Now if he'd just stay dressed...

Any excuse to play in the water!

Super Helper!

We got Band Hero for Christmas, and we LOVE it!

I know this looks out of place, but this is the tree in front of our house in DECEMBER!
I was reading one day, looked outside, and decided I needed a picture of this. Love it!

My favorite people!

My awesome cousin, MaryRuth. So fun and creative!
I am glad we live close enough to get
to know each other better
(I have almost 200 first cousins -- it's hard to know them all!)!

My cousin Hyrum, whose family lives in Arkansas,
came to Dallas to do some mission preparations --
sounds like an excuse for a party, right?
He's in Nicaragua now. Yikes!
This is almost all the Texas (and Arkansas!) Boones.
Fun to have them "close"!

The requisite Nativity pageant, with Maaike as Magi...

...and Boone as shepherd.

This picture says at least 1000 words about my kids
and Christmas! I love it!

Cute Christmas pajamas from Grandpa Boone
(with help from Aunts Beth and Carrie!).
Thanks to all the Boones for a fun-tastic party!
Wish we could have been with the other 30 grandkids
who matched on Christmas morning!

Someone is spoiled!

Well, that's it. 2010 was fun, with lots of ups and downs.
We made some great memories,
and look forward to an even better 2011!

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Your kids are so cute, it's fun to see your family :)

Marylynn said...

Thanks -- I am trying to post more often. I don't know how you do it!