Chevron

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day....

In the last 24 hours, I wrecked a Lexus (not mine), broke a glass dish that was a wedding present (at least that was mine), lost my temper with my children and Dallas traffic, and have generally been miserable (and made everyone around me miserable too, I'm afraid!). If I was a drinker, I would be druuunnk!
Since I'm not, I thought I'd post a blog. I am hoping it will make me feel more grateful and happy and Christmas-y and less Grinch-y. So what better thing to post about than my sweet children? Here's a little bit of Boone this past year:

First, he became a Sunbeam in Primary. He really tried to be good (most days)!
This kid is going places!


Oh, he makes me laugh! Doesn't this look cozy?







Guess who LOVED the move "How to Tame Your Dragon"? Had to get this cute backpack!

 

Funny story: one Sunday, Boone was eating his lunch while I was getting ready for church. He came into my room and said, "I put the rest of my lunch in the fridge, 'cuz I'm done." What a big boy! So I complimented him, and hurried to get him out the door. And forgot about it. Until I came home. I opened the refrigerator, and on the top shelf was this:
 
Boone's leftover lunch - on tortilla chip!! Waste not, want not, I guess...



By the end of the year, he was so grown-up. While watching General Conference in October, he was intently focusing on his Primary pages, while his new buddy, Joey the (Mangy) Owl, stood on guard nearby.
 
Such a big boy!



I am feeling a bit better! At least until the insurance company calls......

2 comments:

Dyanna Stephens said...

The picture of the tortilla chip made me laugh!

I hope your day gets better!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your awful day I'm even sorrier that it made me smile! I just am grateful that other people have those days! What a great blog about Boone! He's so much more grown up than I picture him being!