Chevron

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring Fever

Today I was so tired of life. Not like, end-it-all tired of life, just tired and bored with MY current life, in need of a way to shake things up, inject some fabulous-ness. I went looking for cheap inspiration (maybe throw pillows for the couch?) at Target, and planned two other quick shops then a nice long run-walk at the park -- because the weather was really fabulous today.
All I came home with was a case of diapers, another black skirt (I am soooo tired of black!), a box of Teddy Grahams, and a whiny baby. Boone had his worst tantrum ever in the fitting room, and no amount of fruit snacks, bandaids, chap stick, or lotion (yes, that's every bribe in my purse, folks) could placate him. So we whisked ourselves through the checkout, went home and fed the kid lunch at 10:30 am, and put him right down for a nap.
And that is why my life is still unfabulous.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, my friend, I soooo hear you. If I'm not at work, I'm cleaning and if I'm not cleaning, I'm wondering when the next naptime is?! We should do lunch to shake things up next week. I'll talk to you about it when I see you today. Just know that you are NOT the only one needing a little more fabulous on a daily basis.

Kimi said...

You need a girls night out!!!!

Marylynn said...

Kim, I TOTALLY need a GNO. How soon can you get from Wyoming to Texas? Also, I got a new computer and lost my bookmark to your hilarious writing! Help! M

Amy said...

At least you aren't alone in the unfabulous club, right?! We should all gather and have a FABULOUS party. :)