Chevron

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We Are Figuring Things Out!

Last year for Spring Break, we had big travel plans. After sitting in the airport for way too long, we realized that there are a LOT of people in the DFW area, and most of them were trying to get out of town. Bad time to fly standby! So now we know that March is the time to enjoy our little corner of Texas -- and this year we did!

Of course, Jordan had to work EVERY SINGLE DAY, but we worked it out. He had the afternoon shift, so we played hard every morning. When it was time for him to go to work, Boone took a nap, and Maaike and I read or vegged out together. And sometimes we shopped in the afternooon (not Jordan's favorite thing!). It was a really nice week.
Some of the fun things we did were a trip to the Dallas Zoo (I know, the Ft. Worth Zoo is better, everything is crowded for Spring Break, etc. Well, Smartie Pants, we only had a portion of the day so we went to the closer zoo, and ya know what? It was fun. We rode the monorail, which beats the heck out of FWZ's lame train, saw tons of animals, and when we left at 1, there was a line of cars 2 miles long to get in, so even though there were plenty of people, it wasn't bad and we beat the rush. Oh, and the weather was PERFECT!), finding a new park with a really fun trail system, and some other stuff that I forgot to take my camera to do so I forgot it even happened (yes, I'm getting old!). I do remember we went to Bahama Bucks and Potbellys, two of our favorite places, and I bought a great black and white jacket that I LOVE at Talbot's season clearance. Yay me! I also remember that after 5 days of gorgeous weather, we had SNOW on the weekend. Thank you Texas! It was gone quickly, and the weather has been perfect again. In fact, last night we had the whole evening al fresco; J grilled some perfectly marinated chicken, and I fixed asparagus, Cheddar rice, and a fruit and yogurt dish, which we ate on our porch. Afterwards, we took a bike ride to the park. Such a great night! Love love love Spring!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! Spring is so refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Marylynn, Can we come for dinner? That sounds so good. I'm glad you could enjoy Texas for a fun family week!

Marylynn said...

Theresa -- we woud LOVE to have you for dinner, a week, whatever! Come down, get away from the snow!